Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Joycean Defamation, A Blogger Apologises

Mr Joyce, money and Ireland

from sean ban in the thatch bar lisselton;

So now I must be very careful with every word printed here. I haven't got a spare €100k lying around. I wonder does it matter if this blog is not based in Ireland? If it is, can I defame a citizen of the United States? I don't know. What am I taking about? - check out the 'defamation' case suffered by the blog Ardmayle. The story is in an old Independent article. The participants in the affair are Niall O'Donnchu and Laura Barnes. If you really want to know more about this fearless couple - just google it. Come to think of it, could Google have been sued for carrying the alleged defamation? One wonders about the relative sizes of the defence bank accounts of Google and Ardmayle.

Of course we will now hear from the John Waters of the this country mouthing off about nameless bloggers. He always appears to imply that all bloggers are dim-witted playstation weilding dullards without education, living off coke (both kinds) and pizza. Though that sounds like a few journos I know. And yes, I am nameless. Just like many journalists I can think of, Mr Waters.

Why, the Irish Times even has Backbencher. Surely it counts as a blog? And is not one John Healy a Waters icon?


yours insincerely,

Kerryview

8 comments:

Truthisfree said...

Strange case indeed and one that is not going to go away methinks!

eddiestack.com said...

the sow is still eating her farrow

kerryview said...

>Truth You can bet if the first case was settled out of court for 100k it won't be long before some other loolaa sues

>eddie I'm confused!

eddiestack.com said...

Joyce said Ireland is a sow who eats her farrow.

kerryview said...

>Eddie...yes yes of course. slaps head. btw did you check out listowel writers week site?

Truthisfree said...

@Kerryview: testing, testing one..two...three. No, I think it is a set-up, the whole thing. stinks to high heaven tbh.

kerryview said...

>truth reading your blog it seems as is if you are testing the waters.......

truthisfree said...

@Kerry, yeah I am testing the waters, blogging is just bit of fun to me but freedom is something else, I think this is a major pi** take and designed to keep bloggers quiet about corruption in this country.

I am taking a look around now but am surprised how quiet the blogosphere has been about this!