from stockie's desk at the Blasket;
Unbelievable. Every year the suburban, cultured, sophisticated city folk take the opportunity to slag the Rose of Tralee festival. Now we find those good upstanding slaggers at UCD Belfield are holding a beauty contest - Miss UCD no less. I will return to this at a later time - I have to stop writing as blood pressure may lead to an early end to this post.
So guess which competition has the following rules;
- Shall not be less than 17 years of age and no more than 24 years of age on 31st December of the Year of the Contest
- Shall be of good character and possessed of charm poise personality and have beauty of face and figure
- who usually uses the prefix 'Miss' ( or eqivalent ) before her name (yes, they spell it eqivalent)
- who has never been through any ceremony either valid or invalid and whether civil, religious or tribal which is recognized as a marriage ceremony in any part of the world
ii) who has never given birth to a child.
- Be 18 years of age at the time of competition entry and will not have reached her 28th birthday on or prior to 26th August 2008.
- Be unmarried or never been married
Stockie is grateful elisa o'donovan at indymedia and also to Damien Mulley for bringing this to my notice